If you’re in the mood for some light reading, the Department of Legislative Services has available the 2013 session 90 Day Report. This is issued each year. Updated to add: here are the 2014 and 2015 reports.
The current version is divided into twelve parts and each part addresses an area of public policy. Area headings:
- Budget and State Aid
- State Government
- Local Government
- Crimes, Corrections, and Public Safety
- Courts and Civil Proceedings
- Transportation and Motor Vehicles
- Business and Economic Issues
- Financial Institutions, Commercial Law, and Corporations
- Health and Human Services
- Natural Resources, Environment, and Agriculture
The Department of Legislative Services includes some analysis. Unsurprisingly, this analysis is slanted in support of government policies (existing or new). For instance, the section on SB 281 starts:
Firearm Safety Act of 2013
The apparent national increase in incidents of mass shootings, and particularly the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Connecticut in December 2012, brought renewed focus to issues relating to gun violence and individuals’ access to firearms.
The document goes through the above major policy areas and looks at both passed and failed legislation. For those who are political junkies, this may make interesting reading.